IntroductionWhen choosing your maternity wardrobe, there are a few things you may want to consider.
Your body during this time undergoes many changes, and is much more than a physical change..... Your body temperature laters, as do your moods, so the right materials for comfort and fit are vital, as is the necessity to feel good about yourself.
How do we know this at Clovermums? Because like you, I’m a mum (of three) and so I have been where you are and encountered the same problems. This is how and why we started Clovermums. Our aim to to provide modern chic comfortable maternity and breastfeeding wear that offers you value for money, with many items targeted at both maternity and breastfeeding..
1. As a rule, buy clothing in your normal dress size. Some items are generous in fit, though this will be noted so it is then up to you. Please remember you can always call me for advice as I have tested many items we stock myself!!!
2. If you definitely intend to breastfeed, then have a look at our collection of crossover items which will last you through your entire pregnancy and breastfeeding days! I am still wearing mine, as I feed my youngest. Many of these items are made with elastine, so that they stretch through pregnancy and do not loose their shape. They have the openings for feeding and are discreet. Some tops, like the MILK tie front are brilliant for hiding the post baby belly!
3. Remember, that you can extend the use of your maternity clothes, by wearing them after you baby has arrived, before you return to your pre-pregnancy size.
4. Try the Empire line, it is very flattering, gathering under the bust, the empire line shows all your curves off to their best.
5. . Body temperature rises during pregnancy and so you may find you want to layer up, for example instead of wearing a woolly jumper, try a top, (short or long sleeved) and team it with a cardigan or shawl. Which you could then use for breastfeeding also.
6. Cotton clothing is both cool and soft to the touch. This allows your skin to breathe and keeps feeling comfortable..
7. A correctly sized, bra throughout your pregnancy is key. This will make sure you are comfortable and can help you conceal or accentuate your baby bump.